Why should your business use aftermarket inks?admin
It is not an easy decision to choose whether to use aftermarket ink for your printing needs, but you want to consider both the potential benefits and the inherent risks of doing so. However, selecting aftermarket ink for your printing needs is a critical decision. Let’s break it down.
- Cost Savings: Choosing aftermarket inks means substantial cost savings. On average, OEM inks cost a significant $0.45 per milliliter (ml) of ink, while aftermarket ink cartridges come in at just $0.19 per ml, and aftermarket ink bottles impressively lower the cost to $0.08 per ml. These significant savings empower your business to allocate resources strategically, all while maintaining high-quality prints. With dot4dot, you can trust in a cost-effective solution that doesn’t compromise on quality or your financial well-being.
- Superior Quality: Modern non-OEM inks have revolutionized large-format printing with their superior quality. They excel in color precision, replicating hues accurately and maintaining vibrant and sharp prints. Their precision extends to fine details, providing impeccable clarity for text and images. Furthermore, these inks are engineered for longevity, resisting fading and ensuring that prints stay brilliant over time. Choosing non-OEM inks means opting for quality that not only meets but often surpasses OEM standards, guaranteeing exceptional results without compromise. With dot4dot, your large-format prints are backed by this commitment to excellence.
- Environmental Benefits: Some aftermarket inks are designed with eco-friendliness in mind, offering a greener alternative and helping you align with sustainable business practices.
- Device Compatibility: Not all inks are compatible with every printer. There is a risk of damaging your device or voiding your warranty if you use an incompatible ink. At dot4dot, we prioritize compatibility by extensively testing our inks with various printers, ensuring seamless integration without the risk of damage.
- Consistency: While aftermarket inks have improved in quality, there can still be variations in color consistency and performance. So, it’s essential to choose a reputable supplier to minimize these risks.
- Printhead Clogs: In rare cases, using low-quality aftermarket inks might lead to printhead clogs. This can result in downtime and maintenance costs.
So, is using aftermarket inks a “yes” or “no” decision? The answer lies in your specific needs and circumstances. In CR‘s printers survey, 63 percent of respondents who used aftermarket cartridges say they’re just as good as name-brand cartridges, while 36 percent think they’re not up to par. What cannot be emphasized enough is the critical role of a good and trustworthy supplier in this decision. If you prioritize cost savings and partner with a reputable supplier, aftermarket inks can be a cost-effective and reliable choice. However, if you’re concerned about device compatibility and consistency, or if your printer’s warranty is a significant factor, sticking with OEM inks might be the safer route. Ultimately, the choice should align with your business goals and the quality standards you aim to achieve, and your choice of supplier can make all the difference.
Ready to experience the dot4dot difference? Explore our ink solutions now and print with confidence.